Friday, February 3, 2017

“I hated poverty. Poverty is more of a choice than anything else, and I can change that (poverty). It depends upon how hard I want to work, and I decided that I would change it.”
-Dr. Ben Carson

       What this means is that if you don’t like something in your life, you have to change it. Instead of complaining about it, you have to take action. No one else will do it for you. You have to do it for yourself. For example, Dr. Ben Carson. He hated poverty. He realized he was there, because he didn’t do anything about it. That is when he decided that he was going to do something about it. He used to be one of the worst students in school. He still complained about why he was where he was. He realized he had to do something when his mom told him to read books. After reading various books, he realized he knew things that others didn’t thanks to the books. That is when his life began to change.


No comments:

Post a Comment